Sweet background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Special Delivery

This is what will someday be our baby's furniture! Right now it is E's placeholder in the garage. The poor Accord is once again kicked to the curb for more important cargo.

My dad and Sue deserve major thanks for hauling this load across state lines and delivering it safe and sound to its current resting place. They traveled with us to Indianapolis to pick out Mini's first room set early in May. We stumbled on a great deal at a children's furniture store where we were able to buy the crib and side table at floor model sale prices. Score!
It was a long 3.5 week wait until the dresser came in, but my daddy was kind enough to rent a trailer, make the trek back to Indy and schlep the goods to our house. Thanks Poppy and Grammy : )

In other baby news, Mini made his debut among high society at the annual Wines and Polo on the Prairie to benefit the children of Easter Seals. I was nervous to wear this dress since it showed off my, ahem, growing assets, but in the end I think we cleaned up nicely.

25 weeks:

He was definitely a fan of the party since it is centered around eating and drinking and since yours truly was not doing any drinking, I made up for it with extra servings of Uncle Bob's ice cream. Happy little kicks were the thanks I received from the little man. That and some very sore legs the next day, courtesy of the high heels and my dancing craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment