Sweet background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

58 Days

When I logged on to my computer this morning, the little ticker showing Mini's progress popped up. I don't always notice the text on it but today it caught my eye... "31 weeks, 5 days pregnant. Only 58 days to go." Um, WHAT??? How did this happen?!?! I realize that things have been hectic the past, oh, 7 months. But I really thought I had a better handle on this whole time management thing. I can't believe I can start answering the question "When are you due?" with "Next month."

I think I will feel slightly less panicked after this weekend. We are ready to make some big time progress on Mini's nursery. We are having all the carpets cleaned on Saturday and E's parents are coming up on Sunday to help us move in the furniture (that weeping you are hearing is E, overjoyed at the thought of reclaiming his spot in the garage.)

In other news, and I haven't really shared this with many people, we are on Amniotic Fluid Watch. 2 weeks ago I went in for a routine appointment. When the Dr. measured my belly she said I was smaller than I should be (I admit, I gloated silently for a moment). She said she wanted to do an ultrasound to check on my fluid levels (I stopped gloating, STAT).
To make a long story short, my amniotic levels were sitting right at the border of normal. The Dr. decided to have me come back in last week to check my progress. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. I got the same results.

So what does this mean? Well, I have to go back in 2 weeks for a repeat ultrasound. If my levels stay static I am allowed to carry on with my business under orders to rest whenever I am not at work.
If my levels go down... bed rest. Yuck. I know that wouldn't be the end of the world and obviously my priority is the health and safety of Mini, but being the control freak that I am, the thought of not being able to do things to prep for baby boy makes me hyperventilate. I am a do-er! While I appreciate offers to help, I am not satisfied sitting back and letting others complete tasks that I have spent the past 7 months envisioning myself accomplishing. Does that sound selfish? I hope not. It is merely meant as a form of nesting and preparing for the arrival of this little man. It's part of the whole process in my mind.

Whew! This got long! So to sum it all up: Pray for an easy nursery assembly with only minor bouts of cussing, pray for my fluid levels to increase and pray for me to find more patience if they do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment