Sweet background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Silence

The worst possible sound you can hear when your Dr. is checking for your baby's heart beat.

I went in for my 11 week appointment and my Dr. told me they would use the Doppler to listen to Mini's hb. The nurse came in and put the sensor on my belly. We both perked up our ears waiting for the little flicker to fill the room. Nothing. She moved the wand around and found my hb but could not find a second one.
The Dr. came back in to have a go at it. Repeat the same process as mentioned above. Still nothing.
At this point the panic sets in. I tell myself it is ok, the baby is just too small for them to find a hb with the Doppler. I tell myself I have a tilted uterus, which the u/s tech said could make this process more difficult. But everything I tell myself isn't working.
The Dr. sends me in right away to the u/s room. I pull up my shirt and wait as the tech squirts the gooey gel on my belly. And I wait as she moves the sonogram wand around. And I wait...
And there it is! That beautiful sound finally leaps into the speakers and fills my heart with joy and relief simultaneously. Thank you God! Thank you u/s tech! Thank you Mini for cooperating.
I love you so much baby and can't imagine a life without you come September. Now please, don't scare Mama like that again. Or at least until you are old enough to know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment